Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Alpha Chi Lambda <3




I decided to pledge a sorority this semester and it has been one of the best experiences of my freshman year. Before bid day, I was really nervous about whether I
would get into Alpha Chi because it is such a selectively small group of girls, none of the girls rushing were sure whether they would accept a big pledge class. The good thing about our pledge class is that they accepted nearly everyone that had been rushing them. Our pledge class was 18 girls big and consists of a wide variety of girls.
From hip-hop dancers, cheerleaders and orchestra players our PC has gone above and beyond on the diversity front. At first, I was skeptical about joining Alpha Chi because I had heard mixed reviews on their reputation, and I did not know all the girls in my PC. But as an active member now, I love that AX is so different and unique, because you will never meet the same girl twice. That was the main attraction for me in AX because I am very curious about other cultures and love meeting people with varied interests and backgrounds. In AX, I already feel like I have grown as a person because I have come to understand so many other personalities.
Bid day was so much fun and while the pledging process was tough at times, it was a lot of fun because it was the time I got to know my PC and really become sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment