Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fall Break '08




For Fall Break, I took my roommate, Evin and hallmate, Rachel back home with me to Austin. At the beginning of the semester, these girls were my two best friends and we did everything together. Our trip home kind of solidified our friendship. Rachel drove us to Austin, even though the ride was only an hour and a half we still managed to play 3 games and have a very in depth conversation about philosophy.

When we got to my house, my mom had already cooked us a full Indian meal. Rachel and Evin both love Indian food and specially requested certain dishes from my mom. For the rest of the night we simply ate her food, played Taboo, and hung out with my family. These were the first friends my parents got to meet from Trinity, and they both made such a good impression with their manners and constant praise of my mom's cooking.

We went and visited Mount Bonell, which is a beautiful mounting overlooking Lake Austin. We also went to Sixth Street that night to see Austin at its prime crazy time! The next day my mom treated us to lunch at my favorite restaurant on the lake. The unfortunately, we had to drive back to Trinity but vowed to visit my house again at least twice the school year, every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment